The aim of the Directorate is to inculcate a sense of discipline and true sportsmanship among its students. For the promotion of various sports, it conducts, annually, various events as Inter College Tournaments and Annual Athletic Meet. Various teams of GADVASU participate in North Zone interuniversity and All India inter-agricultural sports and games competitions every year. The university students have access to various sports facilities e.g. Cycling Velodrome, Astroturf, Athletic track, Basketball courts, Tennis courts and Swimming pool besides Gymnasium having facilities of Badminton, Table tennis, Weight training and Body building and Power lifting. Further, every hostel has been provided with the infrastructure for indoor games.
National Sports Organisation (NSO) programme is being run for the students of College of Dairy Sciences and Technology and College of Fisheries.
For further details contact
Dr. A.P.S. Brar: +91-7508502300
Various Sports Teams of GADVASU
In an effort to strengthen the social fabric, the university has been regularly organising cultural and co curricular activities in shape of youth festivals. Coming from diverse cultural backgrounds, students get an opportunity to understand each other by participation in various cultural activities being held at the campus at regular intervals. To provide students an opportunity to articulate their creativity, regular seminars, meeting and interaction with eminent artists/personalities from the field of art and culture are organised by the Directorate.
GADVASU cultural contingent participated in 15th All India Agricultural Universities Youth Festival being held at NDRI, Karnal from March 18-21, 2015. Students got second position in Collage Making, third position in Poster Making and two 4th positions in Folk Dance (girls) and Theatre (Skit) respectively.
GADVASU students excelled in various cultural events and participated in intervarsity competitions at State and National level
- Partcipation in Punjab State Inter University Youth Festival held at Dashmesh Girl's College of Education, Badal (Shri Muktsar Sahib) from January 16-18, 2013. GADVASU students won one Gold in Literary event, Fourteen Silver medals in Folk Dance & Fine Arts & thrity three Bronze medals in Folk Dance Girls Gidha, Girls Luddi, FIne Arts a& Theatre Skit.
- Participation in 13th All India Agricultural University Youth Festival held at J.N.K.V.V., Jabalpur (M.P.) from February 24-28, 2013. GADVASu students won Fine Arts Trophy with three Gold medals. GADVASU University also grabbed all over runner-up in All India Inter Agricultural University Youth Festival.
- GADVASU students participated in 14th All India Inter Agricultural Universities Youth Festival being held at GKVK, Bangalore from Feb. 13-17, 2014. GADVASU students won Theatre Trophy.
- One act play 1st position (9 prize)
- Theatre Mime 2nd position (6 prize)
- Fine Arts Events 3rd position (1 prize)
- Cartoon Making 4th position (1 prize)
- Participation of GADVASU contingent in 19th All India Inter University Youth Festival REVERIE' 14 to be held at National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal. Haryana from April 24-26, 2014. GADVASU won twenty two 1st Prizes and six IInd Prize.
- Bhangra 1st position (8 prize)
- Choreography 1st position (10 prize)
- Mimicry 1st position (1 prize)
- On the sport painting 1st position (1 prize)
- Poster Making 1st position ( 1 prize)
- Non classical song 1st position (1 prize)
- Hotch-Potch 2nd position ( 4 prize)
- Duet song dance 2nd position (2 prize)