Director of Student's Welfare
Life on Campus
Anti Ragging Squad
Task Force to monitor Womenís safety & Security issues
ਪਸ਼ੂ ਪਾਲਕਾਂ ਲਈ ਸਹੂਲਤਾਂ
Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Information Centre
You are currently here: Home
/ Extension Education / Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Information Centre
To disseminate the technical information through the print and electronic media. The Directorate undertakes the publication of the monthly magazine and arranges radio and T.V. talks of the experts and views of farmers covering all aspects of livestock farming.
University experts deliver TV & Radio talks regularly on Doordarshan & All India Radio. Jalandhar, respectively on the current & seasonal topics related to livestock and fish farming, on an average one talk is delivered/broadcasted in a week.
University has liaison with electronic media for flashing the various livestock related interventions and precautions for disease control and seasonal correct management practices.
The Directorate of Extension Education is publishing the following books and magazines for disseminating the technical information to the livestock farmers:
- Packages and Practices for Livestock and Poultry (Punjabi and English).
- Dairy Farming (in Punjabi).
- GADVASU Handbook (in Punjabi and English) - every year
- Veterinary Punjabi Shabadkosh Dictionary
- Goat farming in Punjabi and English
- A Hand book of Infectious Animal Diseases (English)
- Carp Fish farming (in Punjabi)
- Poultry Farming (in Punjabi)
- Vigyanak Pashu Palan - monthly extension magazine (Punjabi)
- To maintain liaison with State, National and International organization(s) regarding extension and training in all aspects of veterinary, animal husbandry and fisheries.
- To have collaboration with different Veterinary and Animal Sciences Institutions in the country that will help in developing as the Centers of Excellence in different disciplines for effective and judicious use of the available resources in the country, for the overall welfare of the livestock farming community of the country as a whole.
Sign up for Newsletter
Sign up if you wish to receive updates from us
Your Email ID