Director of Student's Welfare
Life on Campus
Anti Ragging Squad
Task Force to monitor Womenís safety & Security issues
ਪਸ਼ੂ ਪਾਲਕਾਂ ਲਈ ਸਹੂਲਤਾਂ
Admission Rules for Private Veterinary College(s) in Punjab
You are currently here: Home
/ Academics / Admission Rules for Private Veterinary College(s) in Punjab
Admission Rules for Privates Veterinary College(s) in Punjab State
The admission to the Private Veterinary College(s) shall be strictly as per approval by the Veterinary Council of India and based on merit list of CET-GADVASU.
- The distribution of seats in private Veterinary College(s) would be:
- No. of seats allotted to the college = 60
- University quota seats (50%) = 30
- Management quota seats (35%) = 21
- NRI seats* (15%) = 09
* Seats remaining vacant from NRI quota will be filled up under special management quota.
- The University quota seats would be filled up on the basis of merit of CET-GADVASU by the counselling committee of GADVASU.
- The Management quota seats of constituent private veterinary college(s) would be filled up strictly on the basis of merit of CET-GADVASU of the corresponding year by the counselling committee headed by the Principal of the institute concerned and comprising of the designated representative(s) of GADVASU.
- N.R.I. seats shall be filled up as per the laid down guidelines in this chapter. The private institutions will, however, advertise and fill up NRI seats at their own level. The candidates applying under NRI category will be required to obtain eligibility/equivalence certificate from the Registrar GADVASU by paying a processing fee of US$ 600 or equivalent in Indian currency (nonrefundable) through a bank draft in favour of the Comptroller, GADVASU, payable at any scheduled bank at Ludhiana.
- Any seat remaining vacant under NRI quota till last date of admission in private college(s) shall go to the special management quota. Under special management quota the residual seats will be filled as per the merit obtained in the CET-GADVASU by the management of the private college(s).
- For special management quota seats, the private institution(s) would give wide publicity in at least two leading newspapers one each in English and Punjabi well in advance before filling up seats and the candidates would be given sufficient time to apply.
- The forms for special management quota seats will have to be made available by the institute so as to enable the candidates to apply for the said quota by paying the requisite fee in the form of demand draft payable in the name of the institute which should reach the institute concerned by the last date and time fixed by them before the closure of admissions for that academic year.
Sign up for Newsletter
Sign up if you wish to receive updates from us
Your Email ID