Director of Student's Welfare
Life on Campus
Anti Ragging Squad
Task Force to monitor Womenís safety & Security issues
ਪਸ਼ੂ ਪਾਲਕਾਂ ਲਈ ਸਹੂਲਤਾਂ
Admission Rules for NRI Candidates
You are currently here: Home
/ Academics / Admission Rules for NRI Candidates
Admission Rules for NRI Category
The admission of NRI candidates is made in the following programmes:
- B.V.Sc. & A.H.
- B. Tech (Dairy Technology)
- The admission under this category will be given only to NRIs, their children/wards (as per the judgement of Honourable Supreme Court for Appeal (Civil) 5041 of 2005). Candidates applying under NRI category are required to submit an application alongwith copy of their testimonials viz. certificates/ transcript/mark sheets showing grades/marks and percentage equivalent marks/conversion formulae for obtaining the requisite equivalence from the Registrar, GADVASU. Application form for NRI and Prospectus will be available at GADVASU website. A total of (Application form fee + processing fee + other charges) of US$ 600 (non-refundable) through a bank draft in favour of Comptroller, GADVASU payable at any scheduled bank at Ludhiana should be submitted with the application. The NRI candidate who has cleared 10+2 examination from any recognized Indian School Board/University shall have to deposit the requisite processing fee of US$ 600 or equivalent in Indian currency through Bank Draft favouring Comptroller, GADVASU, payable at any scheduled bank at Ludhiana.
- The admission under NRI category for the above programmes are primarily restricted to candidates having ancestral background in Punjab provided they fulfil other conditions. However, in the event of seats remaining vacant after admitting the candidates of Punjab origin, NRI candidates from other Indian states will be considered who have already applied as prescribed above. Vacant/unfilled seats under NRI quota for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. programme shall be converted self financed category.
- The NRI candidates seeking admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. and B. Tech. (Dairy Technology) programmes may be considered for admission without appearing in the entrance test of the university provided they have passed upto the 10+2 standard level with 50% marks in the individual subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English for B.V.Sc.& A.H and Mathematics in lieu of Biology for B.Tech. (Dairy Technology) programme, subject to verification of its equivalence with the 10+2 examination (Medical /Non-Medical Group) of the CBSE/ICSE/Punjab School Education Board/ any recognized board of education by an appropriate authority. The detail of subjects studied, grades and percentage equivalent marks obtained is to be furnished in columns 11(a. & b.) of NRI application form. The syllabus of the courses studied at 10+1 and 10+2 level alongwith the website address of the institute needs to be attached with the application. Mere processing of application does not guarantee admission to the programme applied for. The NRI candidates seeking admission to M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes may be considered for admission, provided they fulfil the prescribed qualifications as for general candidates. Their merit will be prepared on basis of qualifying examination.
- The admission and tuition fee (see page 28) shall be payable by bank draft in US Dollars issued against the bank account of NRI in the country in which he/she is residing or in the shape of bank draft in an equivalent amount in Indian currency issued against his/her NRI account, maintained in India. In the later case, the candidate is required to submit a certificate from the bank that the draft has been issued against his NRI account. The bank draft should be drawn in favour of the Comptroller, GADVASU payable at any scheduled bank at Ludhiana, India. The hostel dues and other fees and sundry charges as applicable will be charged, in addition to admission fee, as per University rules in Indian currency.
- The NRI candidates are required to attach a photo copy of birth certificate/citizenship certificate and passport or any other valid document duly attested by the Magistrate with the application form.
Sign up for Newsletter
Sign up if you wish to receive updates from us
Your Email ID