Director of Student's Welfare
Life on Campus
Anti Ragging Squad
Task Force to monitor Womenís safety & Security issues
ਪਸ਼ੂ ਪਾਲਕਾਂ ਲਈ ਸਹੂਲਤਾਂ
About the University
You are currently here: Home
/ The University / About the University
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) was established at Ludhiana by an act of the Punjab Legislature No. 16 of 2005 notified in the Punjab Government Gazette on August 9, 2005 and it started functioning w.e.f. April 21, 2006 for promoting livestock production, health and prevention of the disease(s) through integrated teaching, research and extension programme(s). The University was established with the following goals and objectives:
- To provide adequate supply of trained veterinary professionals including Master’s and Doctorate level specialists capable of handling livestock health and production aspects according to the needs of the State Government and allied agencies.
- To undertake research work in selected areas and wherever applicable following multidisciplinary approach.
- To provide opportunities for continuing education for professionals in Veterinary Science.
- To provide consultancy and specialist services to livestock owners, government, semi-government and allied agencies.
- To run “Referral” hospitals for specialized treatment and also to provide clinical training to the students.
- To provide technical expert advise to different government and other agencies whenever called upon.
- To foster faculty development by providing opportunities to participate in appropriate training programmes, conferences, workshops, seminars, symposia etc. and avail other opportunities in exchange programmes.
- To encourage cooperation and collaboration with other departments, colleges, universities and industries, both nationally and internationally.
Sign up for Newsletter
Sign up if you wish to receive updates from us
Your Email ID